What do the Volkswagen Model Names Mean? for Sale in Long Beach, CA
At Timmons Volkswagen, we’ve got a wide inventory of vehicles with distinct names in our Huntington Beach showroom, but what do they mean? Volkswagen, itself, means “the people’s car” in German, and speaks to the popularity of this brand. Many of the current model names also have interesting, unique meanings:
- Beetle: Originally dubbed the Volkswagen Type 1, this iconic car received its current name from its unique shape resembling the bug.
- CC: This acronym stands for “Comfort Coupe”.
- Eos: The Greek goddess for dawn is the namesake for this convertible that offers unbeatable views of the sky.
- Golf: Many VW names come from natural occurrences, and the Golf is named for the Gulf Stream.
- Jetta: Hinting at its sporty performance, this name translates to “jet stream”.
- Tiguan: The family-friendly SUV takes its name from a combination of the words “tiger” and “leguan”, which means “iguana” in German.
- Touareg: Encouraging new destinations, this SUV was named after the nomadic Tuareg people of the Saharan desert, who were a tribe of nomads.
Find Your New Volkswagen Vehicle Today
At Timmons Volkswagen, we have a great selection of new and used Volkswagen models for drivers from Cerritos to Signal Hill and throughout the surrounding areas. Contact us to schedule a visit to our showroom, so you can test drive these Volkswagen models and learn about how to finance your new vehicle.
Timmons Volkswagen Long Beach knows something about being cool! (if we do say so ourselves!). Here are the 5 coolest things about the 2020 Passat from Volkswagen of America. The Passat is Redesigned for 2020. For 2020, the Passat’s sheet metal has been redesigned with a straightened greenhouse and a coupe-like roof-line, which gives the…
As shelter in place orders are lifting in Long Beach and across the country, vacations are becoming a reality for many. According to a recent poll, 24% of Americans say they are planning a vacation and 35% say that their first trip after stay-at-home orders lift will be a day trip or experience of some…
Timmons VW Long Beach and Volkswagen of America are excited to highlight the five coolest things you may not know about the 2020 Jetta GLI. GTI with a trunk. Over six generations since its 1984 debut, the mission of the GLI has been simple: to deliver an accessible German performance sedan. The car has…
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Americans have stayed at home and off of the road, but that doesn’t mean the desire to see the world has faded. It’s not too early to dream about where your first road trip might be and both Volkswagen and Timmons Long Beach wants to hear about your dream trips….
It’s definitely not a secret that SUVs (aka sport utility vehicles) have become the family hauler of choice among Americans, far outpacing sedans, wagons and minivans. Last year, just under half of all of the vehicles sold in the United States were some form of an SUV. First introduced in 2017, the Volkswagen Atlas remains…
As part of Volkswagen’s Community-Driven Promise, Volkswagen of America announced today that additional measures will be taken to help customers during the current pandemic. Volkswagen will extend its New Vehicle Limited Warranty and its Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty by three additional months. Coverage would’ve otherwise ended on the 31st of May, 2020. The three-month extension…