The 5 Coolest things about the 2020 Jetta GLI
Timmons VW Long Beach and Volkswagen of America are excited to highlight the five coolest things you may not know about the 2020 Jetta GLI.
- GTI with a trunk. Over six generations since its 1984 debut, the mission of the GLI has been simple: to deliver an accessible German performance sedan. The car has to be undeniably fun to drive without sacrificing any of the usability and efficiency that drivers expect from the brand. Like its sporty stablemate GTI, this means loading it up with the best performance gear that Volkswagen has, like front brakes using 13.4-inch diameter vented discs borrowed from the Golf R.
- VAQ differential. GLI models feature a VAQ electronically-controlled, torque-sensing, limited-slip differential, also shared with other Volkswagen performance models. It hydraulically varies torque to each front wheel, working in tandem with the XDS® electronic differential lock to reduce understeer and limit wheelspin.
- DCC® adaptive damping. Autobahn models feature the latest version of the DCC adaptive damping system, which manages the suspension’s rebound and compression rates individually, constantly adapting to road conditions and driver inputs to help to improve vehicle dynamics. The electronically adjustable dampers provide different ride settings in the Driving Mode Selection, putting the suspension dampers in their softest setting for a smooth highway ride and to their firmest setting in Sport for better cornering performance.
- Manual transmission? Check. In a world of disappearing three-pedal vehicles, Volkswagen still has a handful of offerings for 2020 that let you row the gears, including Jetta and Golf, along with their sporty siblings Jetta GLI and Golf GTI.
- No-cost performance Every 2020 GLI is outfitted with 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels—two-tone twin five-spoke machined wheels come standard and twin five-spoke dark gray wheels are available in the GLI Autobahn Black Package—mated to low-profile 225/45 R18 all-season tires. Add summer performance tires to either trim optional for $0.
Check out our Jetta GLI inventory at Timmons Volkswagen Long Beach and come in for a test-drive.