Volkswagen Jetta Maintenance Milestones
The 2018 Volkswagen Jetta is well-known for reliability. However, like most cars, it needs a boost every 10,000 miles or so to ensure its performance, handling, and safety are top-notch. Read on to learn more about the VW Jetta maintenance schedule and what you can expect at key mileage markers.
After your new VW Jetta has traveled 10,000 miles, a few inspections and simple services are needed to keep it in pristine condition, such as:
- Oil & filter replacement
- Brake pad inspection
- Brake disc inspection
- Service interval reset
At 20,000 miles, your VW Jetta will need the above maintenances, as well as a more comprehensive list of inspections and services. Some of these include:
- Engine compartment & transmission inspection
- Battery inspection
- Fluid level checks (brake fluid and coolant)
- Tire pressure & tire pressure monitoring system inspection
- Tire tread depth check
- Tire repair kit check
- Exterior lighting systems inspection (automatic headlights, brake lights, etc.)
- Windshield wiper & washer system checks (includes an inspection of the wiper blades)
- Horn test
- Test drive (involves an inspection of the braking and steering systems, HVAC system, parking brake, & electrical systems)
In addition to 10,000- and 20,000-mile services, the VW Jetta is usually treated to the following services after 40,000 miles:
- Spark plugs
- Dust & pollen filter
- Suspension components (axles, shock absorbers, stabilizer bushings, etc.)
- Signs of exterior/interior corrosion
- Brake system
- Exhaust system
- Interior lighting (warning lights, glovebox lights, etc.)
- Ribbed V-belt
- Sunroof (may also require cleaning)
80,000- to 150,000-Mile Service
Aside from DSG® transmission service, the checks between 80,000 and 150,000 miles are simple and circle back to 10,000- and 20,000-mile maintenances. Remember, the 2018 Volkswagen Jetta is protected by 6-year/72,000-mile basic and powertrain warranties. Be sure to schedule service for any last-minute repairs before your coverage runs out!
Stay Current on Jetta Service with Timmons Volkswagen of Long Beach!
Don’t fall behind on the VW Jetta maintenance schedule! Timmons Volkswagen of Long Beach offers a full maintenance menu and coupons to make servicing less hassling and more affordable. If you have questions for our service department, contact us online or by phone at (855) 831-9578.